journal postcard Postcard Challenge 2012 collage bird art bird altered book altered books Prismacolor Pencils leaves swap zentangles inktense Piper background papers inspiration crusade gpp mail art nature street team watercolor Halloween Remember September floral machine sewed nanojoumo owls postage stamps sewing Christmas Etsy book binding color ab owl photos spill it revisited tags tropical Mauicat Washi Tape atcs betta bloggers butterflies cards color wash die cuts envelopes molokai ornaments pears rubber stamped song lyrics trees whimsical Austria Bind-It=All Canada DIY Postcard Swap 2011 Easter Festival of The Trees Get Your Art On Owl journal Spain art heart healing art project artfire.com blueberries book thong books. tags buried treasure candy box books coptic stitch fall fish lyrics mail monoprints napkin collage nick bantock p patterned tape salt ss box swap stencils still life texture urgent 2nd class ustream watercolor pencils wisdom
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
I just spent another week in the hospital with fluid in my lungs and intraveneous antibiotics for an infection that also got my diabetes way out of whack.
This after a month in hospitals and rehab over Christmas and New Years!
But I'm home now and on the mend and taking care of myself so no more hospitals!
And some journal pages to post real soon...much more fun than talking about hospitals!!!
Friday, March 11, 2011
Looking to get some really fun mail in your mailbox?
Looking to try a new background technique or make
some art to welcome spring to get past the winter doldrums?
How about a Postcard Swap?!?
Check out the Postcard Swap IHanna is hosting. You can read all about it here.
Hope to see you in the mail!
Monday, March 7, 2011
After a long period of time, I finally have something to post here!
It's taken me a long time to get my creative mojo back after being so sick for so long.
I've had plenty of ideas but not very good at executing them. I've spent alot of time sitting at my art desk "thinking". But one day I got going and have been working on this page in my Birds Of A Feather altered book. The birds on branches are from a large sheet of Cavallini paper (my friend Debbie sent a bunch of the images to me - very cool stuff!). The background is sheet music. I tore some pieces, applied gel medium to the center of the pieces and pressed them onto the page. When dry I tore off the edges that weren't glued down for the torn edge look achieved. Then painted purple with watercolor crayons. Next I put down the 3 stripes of tape (some green tape with birds on it). I wish the tape wasn't shiny - maybe I'll finish with matte medium to see if that tones down the shiny. Next I glued down the two bird images with gel medium. Last I had some die cut birds I glued on with gel medium. I just got a die cut machine before I got sick and have barely used it. I don't have many dies but did just get an alphabet and used it for the letters for "Songbirds". I used glue stick to apply them. I figured I would make a huge mess using gel medium on something that small. I'm messiest enough as an artist as it is!
Thanks for taking a look. I hope I'll have art to post more often going forward. We'll see...