Here's a spread in my Birds of a Feather altered book. The crate label images are from a little calendar a friend sent me. I decided it was time to quit hoarding, eeerrrrr, uhhhmmmm, I mean TREASURING (I don't hoard!) and give them a place of honor in my book!
For the First Pick page I applied Golden acrylic to the background with an old hotel key card. Scraping the paint on this way is my current favorite way for putting down acrylic phint in my altered books or journals. Then I used sequin waste and a heavy inking of a foam brush to make the black boarder. I stamped the word "spring" across the top and stamped a bird themed postoid rubber stamp all over before glueing down the label I had cut out with deckle edge scissors. (you might need to click on the image to enlarge it if you want to see the stamping as it didn't show up so well in the scan) I glued everything on these pages with matte gel medium. I glued a flower I had die cut out of an old book page and then painted with same red paint as the background in the upper left corner of label.
For the Kentucky Cardinal label page I chose a page I had already covered with black patterned paper and glued the label down. I die cut a bunch of flowers using Sizzix's Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals die. Sprayed them with Cranberry Color Wash (made by Ranger). I glued them around the label, and cut one in half to glue on the side of page to sort of pull the white edge into the design.
Thanks for taking a look!
I hope you had a creative weekend!