Monday, July 4, 2011

30 Days of Get Your Art On - Days 1,2, and 3

I am taking part in Traci Bunkers 30 Days of Get Your Art On.  You can read all about it on her blog HERE.
I can get my art on everyday, not a problem if I just focus and I REALLY want to do that.  But blogging each day just isn't going to happen so will post every few days (or maybe weekly).  But that's okay, this isn't about daily blogging!
My goal is just to spend some art time each day - minimum 30 minutes to whatever works for that day.  And to have fun doing it!
My first three days were playing in my art journal.
Here's Day 1:
The background is watered down craft acrylics.  The tree and trunk is Derwent Inktense pencils.  The small trees at the base are stamped with pigment ink.  And the words are hand written with a Sharpie pen.

Here's day two:
I first covered the page in gesso.  Then a layer of Golden's Diarylide Yellow fluid acrylic.  Drew on the flames shape and then highlighted those with Derwent Inktense Pencils.  Once done I used Golden's Dioxazine Purple fluid acrylic for the night sky.  Even though it looks black in the scan it is a very dark purple.  

Here's day 3 (completion of what I started on day 2):
I'm not sure why I ended up with a Halloween type theme in July, except that I let my muse take me there, and I really like Halloween stuff, especially skeletons.
I stamped the skeletons in white acrylic.  Cut out the big heads from some scrapbook paper I had leftover from a previous Halloween page (you can see it HERE).  Stamped the stars with lavendar pigment ink.  Then glued the heads in place.  Last thing was to stamp the words with a black India Ink inkpad.  

So there's the first three days!  I look forward to lot's more art in the next 27 days...hopefully it'll be a habit to fit art time into each day by then!  It's a peaceful and relaxing activity for me.  Not only helps me to quit overthinking all the negative thoughts in my head, but it's fun!!!
Join in!  You can start your 30 days at any time!  Once again - you can read all about it HERE!   
Thanks for taking a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment