Saturday, December 31, 2011

Postcard Challenge 2012

DarcyW, a UK artist, has posted a really great challenge on her blog for 2012.  You can read all about it HERE.
I need a few good challenges for 2012.  And it is one postcard a week.  Surely I can manage one postcard a week.
And the swap is inspired by Nick Bantocks Grffin and Sabine series of books.  I love those books!
I just about have my characters figured out.  Just need to come up with a few more details.
And will finish binding my book in the next couple days.

Here's the start of my book:
Front cover

Inside front cover - I'll insert a written note outlining my characters here
One of the inside pages - with flap I'll slip postcard into each week
The book is 7' by 7".  The front cover and inside front cover flap are bits of paper overlayed with black tulle and then stitched in place.  The postcard flaps are all cardstock covered with maps and deco paper stitched in place.  (yes, I did zig zag stitch around 52 flaps - go ahead, call me insane!  lol).  I got the coptic stitch binding for single pages idea, as well as the idea for using the tulle, from watching my creative friend, Barb, on UStream.  You can find her channel HERE.

I'll be back to post my finished book and talk about my characters soon.  And hope to have a year of postcards to share here.

Thanks to Darcy for such an inspired idea!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment