Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bind-It-All Binge


Okay, I admit it - I love most all art supplies.  But tools have a special place in my art supply heart!  And among the tools I currently have the Zutter Bind-It-All is one of my favorite.  You can check out their website by clicking HERE.  I have the older blue Bind-It-All (BIA).  Good thing I got it when it was blue as it is pink now.  I hate to admit I might not ever have got to know how much fun it is as I would probably have never bought a "pink" tool.  I'm just not too fond of pink. Anyway, I did get the blue BIA and I love it.  You can see it in the photo above. 
One of the things I like most is that you don't have to measure much.  For the book and covers you basically need the center of the side you are going to bind.  I use leftover paper from other projects in whatever sizes they happen to be and can go from there.  Once I decide on the book pages, I just make a cover using one of those as a guide and make it slightly larger.  Or, sometimes I have something I want to use as a cover, and go from there and cut pages slightly larger.
Recently I had my BIA and all kinds of paper out to make a Smash style scrapbook for my niece for her 12th birthday.  It is 8 x 10 and turned out great but I forgot to take photos of it so will have to share photos of it another time.
As long as I had all the stuff handy I got out some postcards to use as covers and made a whole bunch of books!  I even refilled a small book I had made awhile back and used up.  Most of my binding is 3/4" silver O-rings as I bought a huge box of them from an office supply store.  Alot (really ALOT) more reasonably 
priced than buying them in 2 or 6 packs.
The green "Nurture Nature" postcards are ones I had made from a collage of mine.  The rest are commercial post cards.  Here's a bunch of photos:
The backs are cardboard or chipboard I covered with paper on both sides.
The Nurture Nature books will be available for sale soon on my Etsy as mini sketch books or journals.  Great as a small journal to have with you, a good travel size!  I'll post a notice here and on Twitter when they are available.
Thanks for taking a look!
Have a CREATIVE week!

No comments:

Post a Comment