Saturday, January 19, 2013

Journaling Washi Tape and Zentangle Inspired Art

I had such a good time and liked the results of tangleing over the scraped on paint in my journal (see previous post) that I decided to do another page.
Sooooo - I chose a page with green acrylic paint wiped off on it and drew a few pears.





Then I tangled inside the pears.  I was going to tangle a border but thought it might be too heavy and distract from the pears.  Then I remembered my latest and one of my favorite washi tapes of pears.  Perfect!  So I used that and a couple other green washi tapes to make a border.
Here's the finished journal page:

You can learn all about Zentangle and the creative people that started this trend by checking out their website Zentangle.com by clicking HERE.

Thanks for taking a look!
Hope you have a creative weekend!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the effects of your backgrounds with the zentangles! Plus you were able to use the tape!! BRILLANT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page, Kimber! The pears look awesome & the tape finishes off the page just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much! It's so cool how you came up with a different way of doing zentangling. That always intrigues me. :)

    ReplyDelete