Saturday, July 3, 2010

Creating with texture

I came across this video on You Tube for creating textured art and really liked what I saw!  I decided to give it a try.  I'm on this use what I have kick (in part because I am a supply junkie and have ALOT of stuff) and found a jar of spackle so decided to give that a try before I go out and buy joint compound.  I used a 5 x 7 canvas board.  Once I spread the spackle and let it set up a little I used lids and the stick end of a foam brush to make some circles.  And then a square chopstick to add some designs as well as a rubber stamp.  Once it had dried overnight I sanded it down to where I wanted it and coated with clear acrylic medium.  I had also seen this video by the same artist and painted my piece once the acrylic medium dried using this technique.  I used Golden Acrylics - Fluid Green Gold, Heavy Bodied Quinacridone Violet, and Fluid Phtalo Green.
I didn't really like the piece much until I got to the third color - that made all the dif in the world!  So, if you don't like what you got just keep adding another layer until you do!
I wish you could see it in person and touch it and feel the texture!
Pretty cool, huh? 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that's beautiful! I've always wanted to do something like that, but have NO talent in that direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi again,
    lovely. just want to touch it! i love playing with new techniques.

    no followers widget? :)

    Monica

    ReplyDelete