Friday, August 27, 2010

More Text Messaging - GPP Street Team Crusade No. 43

Here's another page of text from magazines for this months Crusade (read about the Crusade here):
 
I put an assortment of words down all dif directions.  Then painted over the whole page with Golden Fluid Acrylics in GreenGold and rubbed it off some words to make them stand out a little more.  The words going every which way made me think of directions so then I used a compass mask (made by Tim Holtz) over the word "west".  Again using Golden Fluid Acrylics, this time in Phtalo Green.  I also used the reverse parts of the mask on the page and also some circles using various bottle and jar lids.  I'm not sure what else I'll do to this page but it'll be good for a future background.
Thanks for taking a look!

6 comments:

  1. Kimber - another terrific page! Love that you ended up with a circle element on this page too. Clever idea to wash with paint and then buff off some over words of choice. I bet it worked easily with the glossy magazine clippings. Nicely done! Thanks for sharing more of your work with the team!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very interesting to see the use of just a little bit of red with a lot of green (complementary colour) on this page. Continue your great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page! I love the added compass and circles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking page. I like that you added paints and other designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those 'mystery' words, kind of hidden! Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the whole concvept of hidden and revealed words! The masking is cool too!

    ReplyDelete