Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall is in the air - postcards

It's been cold and wet here in Oregon lately.  And very windy!  Looks like it is snowing leaves as the wind speeds along the process of the trees shedding their leaves.
A friend of mine that is too far away for me to go visit is sick and in the hospital, so I've been making postcards to send her so she'll hear from me daily.  Even got my mom to paint one for her.
Here's some of what I've sent:



                           


Using Inktense Pencils by Derwent

This is the card my mom watercolored.  It's the scene from where/when we met my niece's school bus the other day.

And the following is from a one-for-one swap I participated in at Swap-Bot.com.  It's Inktense Pencils again.


I put one of my favorite quotes about this time of year one the back
"Autumn is a second spring
when every leaf is a flower"
-Albert Camus

Hope every one is enjoying this season.  I think it is my favorite.
Thanks for taking a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment