Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Postcard Swap

I made some postcards for a swap I'm participating in over on the ArtJournaling.ning.com site.  That is a great site to find alot of info about Art Journaling, meet alot of great people, see alot of photos, and there are free and pay classes.
Anyway, the swap was fall or Halloween themed (a couple of my favorite things!).  I painted watercolor paper purple and orange backgrounds with craft acrylics.  Cut them into 4x6 pieces.  Then got busy with stamps and punches, and scissors and some scrapbook paper.  Some of the stamps I used were ones I got out of the $1 bin at Michaels.  I like shopping smaller independant art and craft stores but not alot of choices where I live and you can't beat those $1 deals.
I cut my watercolor paper the wrong size so ended up with only one orange background...I skipped that measure twice cut once rule...oops!  But now I have some nice 4x5 pieces to make card fronts.
So above you see a couple Halloween cards and below is my one orange post card with a fall theme.
For the orange one I left the deckle edge of the watercolor sheet intact along the bottom.  I love how that looks!

Thanks Kerri for hosting the swap!
Happy Fall y'all!

1 comment:

  1. hi Kimber, just wanted to stop by and tell you I got the pumpkin border postcard card you made, i've got all three of them clipped to a necklace that I have hanging on the wall and as I go by them I smile. thank you.

    ReplyDelete