Wednesday, May 26, 2010

new book

I'm a book junkie so, of course, my family gave me books as birthday gifts earlier this month.
One of my choices was Collage Lab by Bee Shay.
It is full of ideas to spark your creativity as well as expand your knowledge.  It has 52 experiments.
They're divided into 12 sections:  Building the Foundation, Texture, Gesso, Color, Surface Design, Line and Form, Papers, Paper Play, Mediums, Imagery, Visual Dictionary, and Unification and Composition.
Each one has a Learning Objective, Materials List, Instructions, Play and Experiment ideas, and Food For Thought for when you are done.
Complete with photos to help inspire even more creativity.
So far I'm just working through some Basic Gesso Surfaces but have paged through the whole book and I'm in for lots of fun!
So - I'd recommend getting your papers and acrylics and gesso out and taking a look at this book and see how many ideas you can come up with!  I think whether you are a beginner or experienced you would enjoy this book - it'll generate ideas I'm sure!
I know I'm going to come up with lots!  I'll share them with you here as I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment